Saturday 18 May 2013


A SONG


GONE BY


Mama said, “Do it now,
‘Cause time ain't waiting for none,
Your life’s there before you,
And you've only just begun.

A moment’s slip’s all it takes
And you fall like a pack of cards.”
Her words fell on deaf ears,
(Well, she was old) and,
I had no time for retards

I was too fast for her
Yeah, my technology!
Only, now I wish, if I could've heard
Her out, slow it down,

Now I clutch onto the stream
But the water flows past
It strips me, I'm nothing
No, it won’t last

The pendulum swings
And no one hears my cry,
It’s not coming back
No, time has gone by!

They preached and they pled
They whacked me on my head
Some pulled me down
So I learned to get up instead
"Your life’s your car
Go, steer it as you want!"
But, there’s only so much you can do
When you’re out of fuel
Before you even start
It’s a nightmare and it haunts, Oh!!

So I held on to the ground
But it’s broken beneath my weight
From between my fingers
The sand’s slipped away
The pendulum has swung
The seconds have ticked by
Now it won’t ever come back
The time has gone by!

‘Was so much I could do
That I needed to
Now no fear, no pain
Will bring it back again
And all that it’d ever be
Is what it’s always been
Just a dream!!

Now I clutch onto the stream
I try to awaken the dead
But the bullet’s left the gun
My sky’s a lead
But the pendulum has swung
The seconds have ticked by
Now it won’t ever come back
The time has gone by!
The time has gone by!

Mama said, “Do it now.”





No comments:

Post a Comment